MCQ Questions for Class – 9 Social Science Geography Chapter – 1 India Size and Location with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Social Science Geography with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 9 Social Science Geography: The Story of Village Palampur Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class -9 Social Science Geography
Chapter – 1 India Size and Location with Answers
1. The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through
(b) Orissa (Now Odisha)
2. The eastern most longitude of India is
(b) 68°7′ E
3. Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Sikkim have common frontiers with
4. If you intend to visit Kavarati during your summer vacations, which one of the following Union Territories of India you will be going to?
(c) Andaman & Nicobar
(d) Diu and Daman
5. My friend hails from a country which does not share land boundary with India. Identify the country.
6. How many states and Union Territories does India have?
(a) India has 26 States and 7 Union Territories
(b) India has 25 States and 7 Union Territories
(c) India has 28 States and 7 Union Territories
(d) India has 28 States and 6 Union Territories
7. Which line divides India into approximately two equal parts?
(b) Tropic of Cancer
(c) Tropic of Capricorn
(d) None of these
8. What is the position of India in the world in respect of area?
(a) 8th position
(b) 7th position
(c) 6th position
(d) 2nd position
9. Which meridian is fixed as a Standard Meridian of India?
(a) 82½° E
(b) 84½° E
(c) 86° E
(d) 81° E
10. The latitudinal extent of India lies between
(a) 7° 5′ N and 26° 5′ N
(b) 8° 4′ N and 37° 6′ N
(c) 12° 5′ N and 27° 5′ N
(d) 12° 5′ N and 37° 6′ N
MCQ Questions for CBSE Class 9 Social Science Geography: Chapter – 1 India Size and Location
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9. (a) 10. (b)