MCQ Questions for Class – 9 Social Science Economics Chapter – 3 Poverty as a Challenge with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Social Science Economics with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 9 Social Science Economics: Poverty as a Challenge Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class -9 Social Science Economics
Chapter – 3 Poverty as a Challenge with Answers
1. NFWP is stand for:
(a) National Federation for Work and Progress
(b) National Forest for Wildlife Protection
(c) National Food and Wheat Processing
(d) National Food for Work Programme
2. How many people in India live below the poverty line?
(a) 30 crores
(b) 26 crores
(c) 28 crores
(d) 24 crores
3. Which social group is most vulnerable to poverty in India?
(a) Scheduled castes
(b) Scheduled tribes
(c) Casual labourers
(d) All the above
4. Poverty line in rural areas is (As per 1999 – 2000 prices)
(a) Rs 328
(b) Rs. 370
(c) Rs 454
(d) Rs. 460
5. What is the poverty ratio in the state of Orissa?
6. In which state have the land reform measures helped to reduce poverty?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) West Bengal
7. In which state is the public distribution system responsible for the reduction in poverty?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
8. Which of the following is responsible for high poverty rates?
(a) Huge income inequalities
(b) Unequal distribution of land
(c) Lack of effective implementation of land reforms
(d) All the above
9. Nutritional level of food energy is expressed in the form of
(a) calories per day
(b) wheat consumption
(c) rice consumption per day
(d) none of the above
10. Poverty ratio in India as compared to Pakistan is
(c) two times
(d) two and a half times
MCQ Questions for CBSE Class 9 Social Science Economics: Chapter – 3 Poverty as a Challenge
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (c) 8. (d) 9. (a) 10. (c)