Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 9 – Force and Laws of Motion with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 9 Science: Force and Laws of Motion Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class – 9 Science
Chapter 9 – Force and Laws of Motion with Answers
1. A goalkeeper in a game of football pulls his hands backwards after holding the ball shot at the goal. This enables the goalkeeper to:
(a) Exert large force on the ball
(b) Increases the force exerted by the ball on hands
(c) Increase the rate of change of momentum
(d) Decrease the rate of change of momentum
2. An object of mass 2 kg is sliding with a constant velocity of 4 m/s on a friction less horizontal table. The force required to keep the object moving with the same velocity is:
(a) 32 N
(b) 0 N
(c) 2 N
(d) 8 N
3. A water tank filled upto 2/3 of its height is moving with a uniform speed. On sudden application of the brake, the water in the tank would
(a) Move backward
(b) Move forward
(c) Come to the rest
(d) Be unaffected
4. The seat belts are provided in the cars so that if the car stops suddenly due to an emergency braking, the persons sitting on the front seats are not thrown forward violently and saved from getting injured. Can you guess the law due to which a person falls in forward direction on the sudden stopping of the car?
(a) Newton’s first law of motion
(b) Newton’s second law of motion
(c) Newton’s third law of motion
(d) Newton’s law of gravitation
5. When a balloon held between the hands is pressed, its shape changes. This happens because:
(a) Balanced forces act on the balloon
(b) Unbalanced forces act on the balloon
(c) Frictional forces act on the balloon
(d) Gravitational force acts on the balloon
6. Which of the following situations involves the Newton’s second law of motion?
(a) A force can stop a lighter vehicle as well as a heavier vehicle which are moving
(b) A force exerted by a lighter vehicle on collision with a heavier vehicle results in both the (vehicles coming to a standstill
(c) A force can accelerate a lighter vehicle more easily than a heavier vehicle which are moving
(d) A force exerted by the escaping air from a balloon in the downward direction makes the balloon to go upwards
7. The speed of a car weighing 1500 kg increases from 36 km/h to 72 km/h uniformly. What will be the change in momentum of the car?
(a) 15000 kg km/h
(b) 15000 kg m/s
(c) 54000 kg m/s
(d) 54000 g m/s
8. A passenger in a moving train tosses a coin which falls behind him. Observing this statement what can you say about the motion of the train?
(c) Along circular tracks
9. Newton’s first law of motion says that a moving body should continue to move forever , unless some external forces act on it. But a moving cycle comes to rest after some time if we stop pedaling it. Can you choose the correct reason for the stoppage of cycle?
i. Air resistance
ii. Gravitational pull of the earth
iii. Friction of the road
iv. Heat of the environment
Choose the correct option:
(a) (iii) and (iv)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (ii)
(d) (ii) and (iii)
10. A man wearing a bullet-proof vest stands on roller skates. The total mass is 80 kg. A bullet of mass 20 g is fired at 400 m/s. It is stopped by the vest and falls to the ground. What is then the velocity of the man?
(a) 1 m/s
(b) 0.1 m/s
(c) 0.01 m/s
(d) 0 m/s
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 9 – Force and Laws of Motion
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (c) 7. (b) 8. (a) 9. (b) 10. (b)