Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 9 Science: Diversity in Living Organisms Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class – 9 Science
Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms with Answers
1. Choose the option that best describes the characteristics of the kingdom to which the mushroom belongs:
(a) Unicellular prokaryotic organisms
(b) Saprophytic, eukaryotic, multicellular organisms
(c) Unicellular eukaryotic organisms
(d) Autotrophic eukaryotic organisms
2. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
(a) Aves are warm blooded, egg laying and have four four-chambered heart.
(b) Aves have feather covered body, fore limbs are modified as wing and breathe through lungs.
(c) Most of the mammals are viviparous.
(d) Fishes, amphibians and reptiles are oviparous.
3. The various species of organisms are grouped together on the basis of similarities and dissimilarities, which is known as the classification. It helps in an easy study of the organisms. Among the following which is not an advantage of classification of organisms?
(a) It helps to understand the interrelationship among the different groups of organisms.
(b) It helps to study the geographical distribution of the plants and animals.
(c) It helps to study the nuclear structure of the organisms.
(d) It depicts before us a picture of all the life forms at a glance.
4. Among the following choose the correct option that best describes the characteristics of spirogyra.
(a) Multicellular, auto trophic, root like rhizoids.
(b) Cytoplasmic strands, autotrophic, presence of rhizome.
(c) Presence of male cones, nonvascular, filaments.
(d) Filamentous, presence of Cytoplasmic strands, presence of pyrenoids.
5. Angiospermae is a division of kingdom Plantae. The main characteristic feature of angiosperms is:
(a) Seeds are naked in fruits
(b) Seeds are covered with coats and are in fruits
(c) Fruits are without seeds
(d) Seeds are naked without fruits
6. The international Code of Biological Nomenclature provides the scientific nomenclature for every organism that consists of the genus name and the species name of the organism. Can you guess who introduced this system of binomial nomenclature of the organisms?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus
(b) Robert Hooke
(c) Robert Whittaker
(d) Ernst Haeckel
7. Which of the following have an open circulatory system?
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iv)
(d) (ii) and (iii)
8. Which among the following is a common feature of chrodates?
(a) Presence of notochord
(b) Presence of triploblastic condition
(c) Presence of coelom
(d) Presence of gill pouches
9. Which adaptation of the frog differentiates it from the fish?
(a) Ability to live in water also
(b) Lays eggs in water
(c) Have a streamlined body
(d) Presence of mucous glands in the skin
10. Paramecium has tiny hair like projections all around the outside of their cell that give the paramecium locomotion and help the food to move in its oral cavity.
Can you choose the correct name for these locomotory organelles?
(c) Oral groove
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms
1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (c) 4. (d) 5. (b) 6. (a) 7. (a) 8. (a) 9. (a) 10. (b)