Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 14 – Natural Resources with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 9 Science: Natural Resources Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class – 9 Science
Chapter 14 – Natural Resources with Answers
1. What would happen, if all the oxygen present in the environment is converted to ozone?
(a) We will be protected more
(b) It will become poisonous and kill all living forms
(c) Ozone is not stable, hence it will be toxic
(d) It will allow harmful sun radiations to reach earth and damage many life forms
2.When we breathe in air, nitrogen also goes inside along with oxygen. What is the fate of nitrogen?
(a) It moves along with oxygen into the cells
(b) It comes out with the carbon dioxide during exhalation
(c) It is absorbed only by the nasal cells
(d) Nitrogen concentration is already more in the cells, so itis not at all absorbed
3. There is always a cycle of CO2 running in the atmosphere due to which the concentration of CO2 remains constant in the atmosphere. Choose the correct sequence of this cycle:
(a) CO2 in atmosphere→ decomposers → organic carbon in animals → inorganic carbon in soil
(b) CO2 in atmosphere → organic carbon in plants →organic carbon in animals → inorganic carbon in soil
(c) Inorganic carbonates in water →organic carbon in plants → organic carbon in animals → scavengers.
(d) Organic carbon in animals → decomposers → CO2 in atmosphere →organic carbon in plants
4. You must have observed that during the winters sometimesit becomes quite difficult to see even the objects short distance apart. This low visibility during the cold weather is due to:
(a) Formation of fossil fuels
(b) Unburnt carbon particles of hydrocarbons suspended in air
(c) Lack of adequate power supply
(d) None of these
5. The ‘water pollution’ can be defined in several ways. Which of the following statements does not give the correct definition?
(a) The addition of the undesirable substances to water bodies
(b) The removal of the desirable substances from water bodies
(c) A change in pressure of the water bodies
(d) A change in temperature of the water bodies
6. Ozone layer is a protective blanket in the atmosphere that protectsus from the harmful high energy UV radiations coming from the sun. But it has been observed that some harmful air pollutants like chlorofluorocarbons are causing hole in this protective layer. What does this ‘ozone hole’ exactly mean?
(a) A large sized hole in the ozone layer
(b) Thinning of the ozone layer
(c) Small holes scattered in the ozone layer
(d) Thickening of the layer
7. Aquatic organisms are used to a certain range of temperature in the water bodies where they live. A sudden marked change in this temperature can affect:
i. Breeding of animals
ii. Growth of the aquatic plants
iii. Process of digestion in animals
iv. Availability of nutrients
Choose the correct option from the following:
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iv)
(c) Only (ii)
(d) (ii) and (iii)
8. Presence of the fertilizers and sewage in polluted water provides a lot of nitrogen, causing excessive growth of algae which subsequently reduces the amount of dissolved oxygen in water.Can you name this process of reduction of dissolved oxygen due to the excess growth of algae.
(c) Algal bloom
9. A cool breeze after a hot day brings all of us considerable relief. This breeze is actually the moving air. What is the basic process that causes this movement of air?
(a) Pressure difference between the air of two regions
(b) Moving leaves of the plants
(c) Temperature difference between the two regions
(d) Striking of air with the mountains
10. If the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere is increased then which one of the following would not get affected?
(a) Amount of the heat retained by the environment
(b) Process of photosynthesis in plants
(c) Global warming
(d) Existence of desert plants
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 14 – Natural Resources
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (d)