Free Online MCQ Questions of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Periodic Classification of Elements Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions of Class -10 Science
Chapter – 5 Periodic Classification of Elements with Answers
1. How many periods and groups are present in the periodic table?
a) 7 periods and 18 groups
b) 8 periods and 7 groups
c) 7 periods and 7 groups
d) 8 periods and 8 groups
2. Which of the following forms the basis of the modern periodic table?
a) Atomic mass
b) Atomic number
c) Number of nucleons
d) All of these
3. What happens to the electropositive character of elements on moving from left to right in a periodic table?
c) First increases than decreases
d) First decreases than increases
4. The electronic configuration of an element M is 2, 8, 4. In modern periodic table, the element M is placed in
a) 4th group
b) 2nd group
c) 14th group
d) 18th group
5. Which of the following is the correct order of the atomic radii of the elements oxygen, fluorine and nitrogen?
a) O < F < N
b) N < F < O
c) O < N < F
d) F < O < N
6. What is the other name for group 18th elements?
a) Noble gases
b) Alkali metals
c) Alkali earth metals
7. Which of the following is the most reactive element of the group 17?
8. Element X forms a chloride with the formula XCl2, which is a solid with a high melting point. X would most likely be in the same group of the Periodic Table as
9. Which group elements are called transition metals?
a) Group number 1 to 2
b) Group number 13 to 18
c) Group number 3 to 12
d) Group number 1 to 8
10. Which of the following elements has 2 shells and both are completely filled?
MCQ Questions of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 5- Periodic Classification of Elements
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (d) 6. (a) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (b)