Free Online MCQ Questions of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science Sources of Energy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions of Class -10 Science
Chapter – 14 Sources of Energy with Answers
1. A good fuel is one that possesses:
(a) High calorific value and low ignition temperature
(b) Low calorific value and low ignition temperature
(c) High calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
(d) Low calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
2. There are four fuels which all contain only carbon and hydrogen. The fuel having highest calorific value will be one which has:
(a) More of carbon but less of hydrogen
(b) Less of carbon but more of hydrogen
(c) Equal proportions of carbon and hydrogen
(d) Less of carbon as well as less of hydrogen
3. Coke is more valuable when used:
(a) As a fuel for industrial boilers
(b) As an oxidizing agent
(c) As a reducing agent
(d) As a fuel in domestic ovens
4. In a hydroelectric power plant more electrical power can be generated if water falls from a greater height because:
(a) Its temperature increases.
(b) Larger amount of potential energy is converted into kinetic energy.
(c) The electricity content water increases with height.
(d) More water molecules dissociate into ions.
5. In order to make efficient solar cooker, the cover of cooker box should be made of:
(a) Transparent plastic sheet
(b) Shining aluminium sheet
(c) Butter paper sheet
(d) Transparent glass
6. Which of the followings is not a fossil fuel?
(c) Natural gas
(d) Nuclear fuel
7. The rise of sea-water during high tide is caused by the gravitational pull of the:
8. What is the energy equivalent of one atomic mass unit?
(a) 93.1 MeV
(b) 9.31 MeV
(c) 1 MeV
(d) 931 MeV
9. How many joules are there in 1eV?
(a) 1.6 × 10-19 J
(b) 9.1 × 10-31 J
(c) 6.0 ×1023 J
(d) 1.6 × 10-13 J
10. The disposal of wastes produced in a nuclear power plant is a big problem because it is:
(a) Highly radioactive
(b) Highly inflammable
(c) Extremely foul smelling
(d) Too heavy
MCQ Questions of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (d) 6. (d) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (a)