Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science History: Nationalism in India with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science History – Nationalism in India Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class -10 Social Science History
Nationalism in India with Answers
1. Why did Gandhiji organise Satyagraha in 1917 in Kheda district of Gujarat?
(a) To support the plantation workers
(b) To protest against high revenue demand
(c) To support the mill workers to fulfil their demand
(d) To demand loans for the farmers
2. Why was Satyagraha organised in Champaran in 1916?
(a) To oppose the British laws
(b) To oppose the plantation system
(c) To oppose high land revenue
(d) To protest against the oppression of the mill workers
3. Why was the Simon Commission sent to India?
(a) To look into the Indian constitutional matter and suggest reform
(b) To choose members of Indian Council
(c) To settle disputes between the government and the Congress leaders
(d) To set up a government organisation
4. Why was Alluri Sitarama Raju well known?
(a) He led the militant movement of tribal peasants in Andhra Pradesh.
(b) He led a peasant movement in Avadh.
(c) He led a satyagraha movement in Bardoli.
(d) He set up an organisation for the uplifment of the dalits.
5. Why did General Dyer open fire on peaceful crowd in Jallianwalla Bagh? Mark the most important factor.
(a) To punish the Indians
(b) To take revenge for breaking martial laws
(c) To create a feeling of terror and awe in the mind of Indians
(d) To disperse the crowd
6. What kind of movement was launched by the tribal peasants of Gudem Hills in Andhra Pradesh?
(a) Satyagraha Movement
(b) Militant Guerrilla Movement
(c) Non-Violent Movement
(d) None of the above
7. Who among the following two leaders led the Khilafat Movement?
(a) Shaukat Ali and Muhammad Ali
(b) Gandhiji and Sardar Patel
(c) Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Abul Kalam Azad
(d) Abul Kalam Azad and Jawaharlal Nehru
8. Why did Gandhiji withdraw the Non-Cooperation Movement? [Delhi 2011]
(a) Gandhiji realised that people were losing interest in the movement.
(b) Gandhiji felt that the movement was turning violent in many places.
(c) Some Congress leaders wanted to participate in elections to Provincial Councils.
(d) Some Congress leaders wanted more radical mass agitations.
9. Who were the ‘Sanatanis’?
(d) High-caste Hindus
10. The main problem with the Simon Commission was that:
(a) It was an all British commission.
(b) It was formed in Britain.
(c) It was set up in response to the nationalist movement.
(d) It supported the Muslim League.
MCQ Questions for CBSE Class 10 Social Science History Nationalism in India
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (a)