Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Economics: Consumer Rights with Answers. Free Online MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Economics: Consumer Rights Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level on Success Roar Classes Website itself.
Free Online MCQ Questions for Class -10 Social Science Economics
Consumer Rights with Answers
1. Why do we need to have set rules and regulations for consumer rights?
(a) To protect and promote the interest of the consumers against unethical and unfair trade practices.
(b) To bring discipline in the country.
(c) To provide police protection to consumers during a dispute with the sellers.
(d) Its aim is to make all the sellers fair and honest.
2. When was the Consumer Protection Act passed in India?
3. In which year did the United Nations adopt the guidelines for consumer protection?
4. When was the ‘Right to Information’ Act passed?
(a) October 2005
(b) March 2006
(c) December 2007
(d) September 2003
5. What was the cause of the rise of consumer movement?
(a) The movement started to help consumers to form a group to protest against price rise.
(b) The movement grew out of consumers dissatisfaction due to unfair practices of sellers.
(c) The movement grew out of the satisfaction enjoyed by the consumers for fair practices of the sellers.
(d) The movement was started to help the sellers to promote their own interest and cheat consumers.
6. What can be the maximum claim amount at the district level of the consumer court?
(a) Less than ₹1 lakh
(b) ₹1 crore
(c) Upto ₹20 lakhs
(d) Above ₹1 crore
7. Which one of the following does not provide certificate of standardization in India?
8. When is ‘National Consumers’ Day’ celebrated in India?
(a) 26th January
(b) 22nd October
(c) 24th December
(d) 25th December
Question 9. The quasi-judicial machinery set up at the highest level for redressal of consumer disputes is:
(a) The District Forum
(b) The State Consumer Commission
(c) Consumers International
(d) National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
10. What was the name given to the agency at the global level for the protection of consumer rights?
(a) Consumer Court of Justice
(b) International Consumer Forum
(c) Consumers Commission
(d) Consumers International
MCQ Questions for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Economics: Consumer Rights
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (d) 8. (c) 9. (d) 10. (d)