Considering the continuous queries received from the parents and the students, CBSE has issued the clarification regarding awarding of subject wise grades in Class X and XII. Although the above scheme is printed on the back of the marksheet of the students, the CBSE has issued a separate clarification on this doubt.
Some important points related with grading
As per the CBSE notification, the following points can be seen in grading system-
- The grading system is based on relative grading instead of absolute grading.
- The relative grading is a scientific approach based on predetermined cut off levels.
- The grades are not based on marks range (ex. 91-100 etc.) but the category in which the student falls. Therefore the grades of different subjects with the same marks may vary.
- For grading students, the students are divided in 8 equal groups based on their rank holdings.
- For the detailed procedure of grading, check the following link-
This is important news for the students and parents who have doubts about the CBSE grading system. Now they can easily resolve their doubts with the help of this notification.
Source :CBSE website